Picture : England's Goalscorer Emile Smith-Rowe efficient !
STATISTICS UEFA EURO U21
- The UEFA EURO U21 is co hosted by Romania and Georgia. It is the 24th edition of the biennal international youth competition organized by UEFA.
- Spain (5 Champion titles), England (2) and France (1) are qualified for the quarter finals after the Group games (4 groups of 4 teams) and able to add a new title.
- Georgia is the big surprise of this tournament, winning the Group A before Portugal ! Netherlands and Belgium went home in this Group !
- With Georgia, Ukraine was powerfull, leading the group B with Spain (7 points). Switzerland was better than Italy to qualify.The 8th qualified for the Quarter finals was Israel.
- The Quarter finals
1/7/2023 Georgia – Israel
1/7/2023 Spain – Switzerland
2/7/2023 England – Portugal
2/7/2023 Ukraine – France
Semi finals 5/7/2023
- Emile Smith Rowe (England), Abel Ruiz (Spain) and Brasley Barcola (France) are until now the best Goalscorers of the competition always qualified.
- 4 teams of UEFA will qualify for Summer Olympics Games 2024 in Paris. France (host) is sure to be in Paris, so the 3 other places will be reserved for the 3 best of the competition (without France).
- Many great players were crowned as BEST PLAYER of the U21 EURO like Rudi Voeller (Germany) in 1982, Luis Figo (Portugal) in 1994, Fabio Cannavaro (Italy) in 1996, Petr Cech (Czech Republic) in 2002, Thiago Alcantara (Spain) in 2013.
Germany ,the titleholder of the U21 EURO, winning in 2021 was eliminated in the last match, like Italy (5 times winner of the EURO) ! Israel was the other surprise of the Tournament and will play Georgia for an historical game.