Picture : Asisat Oshoala and Sadio Mané, the Awards Winners of CAF 2021
CAF Reward 2021 best picks
CAF President, Patrice Motsepe, bestowed smiles lavishly, acknowledging the quality of the reception, the progress of the game in Africa, the projects for the future, the world record attendance of the Morocco vs Nigeria semifinal game as published by IFFHS and as his fellow citizens mounted the podium in the annual CAF Awards celebrating the best players on the continent for 2021. Exception taken for the winners of the ongoing Women’s Africa Cup of Nations at the end of which the women’s team of the year will be celebrated, recipients in 12 different categories filed past the podium in the sumptuous Rabat night in Morocco. Senegal stole the show in 4 categories including that for the coveted ‘Footballer of the Year’ by CAF standards. His name: Sadio Mane.
The various recipients included:
- Men’s player of the year: Sadio Mane(Senegal).
- Women’s player of the year: Asisat Oshoala(Nigeria).
- Men’s coach of the year: Aliou Cissé(Senegal).
- Women’s coach of the year: Desiré Ellis(South Africa).
- Goal of the year: Pape Ousmane Sakho(Senegal)
- Men’s team of the year: Senegal.
- Men’s young player of the year: Pape Mata Sarr(Senegal)
- Women’s young player of the year: Evelyn Badu(Ghana).
- Men’s Interclub player of the year: Mohammed El Shewany(Al Ahly, Egypt).
- Women’s Interclub player of the year: Evelyn Badu(Ghana).
- Men’s club of the year: Wydad Casablanca(Morocco).
- Women’s club of the year: Mamelodi Sundowns(South Africa).
Legendary names in African football as Emmanuel Adebayo, Rigobert Song, Samuel Eto’o, Perpetua Nkwocha, Kalusha Bwalya, Austin Okocha and many more attended the great night at the Mohammed V Technical Centre.